Valium (diazepam) is a benzodiazepine drug. It works by calming the brain and reduces anxiety, muscle spasms, and alcohol withdrawal symptoms. This product may be a good choice for treating seizures, epileptic seizures and panic disorders.
The dose varies depending on the condition being treated, age, general health, and response to treatment.
For the management of Anxiety:
The dose for adults ranges from 2mg to 10 mg 2 to 4 times a day. Older adults- Dose for 65 years of age and older ( geriatric) 2 to 2.5 mg 1 OR 2 times a day. Your healthcare provider may increase your dose and reduce the frequency of the dose. In addition, older adults require medical attention and
Children 6 months ( infant) and older initially – 1 to 2.5 mg 2 to 3 times. Your child’s pediatrician may increase/decrease the dose if needed.
Dosage for children six months to 17 years is 1mg to 2. 5 mg three to four times a day. Do not administer valium 5 mg to children on your own; it requires medical supervision and should be taken under medical supervision,
Valium is a prescription drug. A doctor must advise you about how to take it and where to buy Valium online. It is available as tablets or capsules, which are taken orally with or without food, at the same time each day. There are 2 mg, 5 mg and 10 mg pills available.
For the muscle spasms
The standard dose is 2mg to 10mg three times daily and before bedtime. It is recommended for short-term use.
Side Effects of Valium 10mg
Valium is FDA approved medication and safe to use, but it may have some unwanted side effects. Although these side effects wash off in a couple of days, in case any side effects persist or worsen, inform your doctor about it, as he will adjust the dose to manage the side effects of the drug.
Common side effects of Valium 10mg
- Upset stomach
- Dry mouth
The Severe side effects of Valium 10mg
- Abnormal heart rate
- Frequent trips to the bathroom
- Yellowing of eyes
- Sudden changes in B.P
- Allergic reaction
Seek immediate medical attention and rush to the nearest medical health center for the early management of severe side effects
Valium 10mg may have some unwanted withdrawal symptoms that may occur if you stop taking the drug. In addition, Here are a few side effects that may appear as follows:
- Panic attacks
- Grand mal seizures
- Weight loss
- Anxiety attacks
- Trouble concentrating
- Detachment from reality
How To Take Valium 10mg?
- Read the instructions on the pack leaflet; if you are taking it for the first time, it is important to read them.
- You can have it with or without a meal; if you experience nausea, take it with food, as this will help you manage nausea.
- Do not take it if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, as it may \increase the risk of congenital disabilities and pass through the mother’s milk, which can seriously affect the nursing baby.
Warnings and Precautions
- If you are allergic to active/inactive ingredients of the drug
- If you have a pre-existing health condition, you must inform your health care provider for better management.
- If you are expecting a mother OR you top feed, inform your doctor as vallum 10mg passes into breast milk. It may cause sedation in a nursing baby.
- If you have liver and kidney disease
- If you have wide-angle and narrow-angle glaucoma
- Inform your doctor if you are on any BZD clan drugs, as it may increase the sedation effect and result in serious health issues.
In addition, if you have any health condition, you must inform your doctor about it as it will certainly help you get the optimum benefit without any health issues.